Re: nmh-0.26 and sendmail-8.9.0

1998-06-16 12:37:57
I'm testing now nmh-0.26 on Unix platform with sendmail-8.9.0.
I'm using a relay machine in my own domain to send an email on the Internet.
I've got the following error messages when comp command is used from my local
station :

user at xxxx.yyyy; [USER] 550 <user(_at_)xxxx(_dot_)yyyy>... Relaying denied
post: 1 addressee undeliverable
send: message not delivered to anyone

I think I have to define the new FEATURE(relay_entire_domain) or
FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX) to allow relaying ? Is it correct ?

I haven't tried sendmail 8.9.0 yet, so I'm not sure.  But since
the default is for nmh to submit messages via SMTP, you probably
will need to tell sendmail to allow relaying from local machines.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu