Re: Alan Cox's patches

1998-07-05 15:58:45
That patch converted all the sprintf() calls to snprintf() calls.
Although this is generally a good idea, the substitute snprintf()
routine that comes with nmh uses temp files.  For machines without
a native snprintf(), the performance is so bad, that nmh becomes
unusable.

I've been looking for a better version of snprintf() to include in
the nmh distribution, but haven't found one yet.

First of all, thanks for your quick reply.

The Apache webserver contains an implementation of snprintf that doesn't
use temporary files.  I don't know if the Apache and nmh licenses permit
you to use it, though.  At first glance, there seem to be no conflicts,
except for maybe the "advertising clause".

If you want, I can mail you a copy of the source file.

I have a copy of Apache.  I'll take a look.

I'll try to get some of the security fixes integrated for the
next release.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu