Re: Update on repository move

2002-05-29 20:30:08

Shantonu Sen <ssen(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> writes:
On Thu, 16 May 2002, Ken Hornstein wrote:
one sticking point is that the copyright pedigree of nmh is not clear.
Currently, the copyright of nmh is assigned to "The Authors of nmh" and
that's a little fuzzy (also, not all of the source code files have copyright
assignments, and that's a problem they have as well).

One definition of "Authors of nmh" is anyone referenced in the ChangeLog,
either as committer, or credited for the patch.

That was what I had in mind when I changed it back in March 2000 (discussed
in the "COPYRIGHT is bogus..." thread).  Prior to that, it had Richard
claiming copyright over the whole thing, which was clearly not kosher.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to explicitly define what is meant by "the authors
of nmh" somewhere.

--
Dan Harkless
nmh(_at_)harkless(_dot_)org