Re: pick argument order

2003-07-01 04:30:05
    Date:        Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:39:55 -0400
    From:        Glenn Burkhardt <glenn(_at_)aoi-industries(_dot_)com>

  | Should this be changed,

I have a patch to change it (somewhere, if I can find it, which I
made before I discovered that this insanity was actually documented
(n)mh behaviour...)

  | or will it break existing front ends to nmh?

It is hard to see anything relying upon this (that is, deliberately
including an option then overriding it with a seemingly unrelated option,
that just makes no sense).

  | My reading of the exmh code is that it will not; it adds -list to the end
  | whenever 'pick' is used.

It does now.   Earlier versions of exmh had the -list option early, before
the -seq option, where it did no good at all.

"Fixing" (changing) nmh would have the benefit of fixing the pick interface
for anyone still using an old version of exmh.

kre