Re: [Nmh-workers] possibly missing fix in RC2

2003-09-14 19:30:08
On Friday 12 September 2003 10:42 pm, Jeffrey C Honig wrote:
Here is some additional info on this.  Does anyone see any problem with
my checking this in?

Thanks.

Jeff

I'd say the fix is definately missing.

This change works for me, but the patch referenced a very old copy of 'inc.c',
so the change gets made at line 847 instead of line 756.

The effect of this change is buried deep, and I can't help but wonder if there
are other related bugs.  By my reading, the problem actually occurs when inc
calls seq_save(), which calls seq_list(), which determines that the list is
empty if mp->nummsg is zero.

There are a half dozen or more calls to seq_save() in the code, so the value
of 'mp->nummsg' needs to be correct in each of those functions as well.

Perhaps a better fix would be to have seq_list() use mp->lowmsg and
mp->hghmsg, or even better, introduce subroutines to manage the update of the
values in 'struct msg', a la "object oriented" code.  But frankly, that's a
lot of work at this point for the code set.

So I'd say commit the change.