Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting mhbuild to attach a directory

2003-11-14 15:30:06
Hi Norman,

I wonder if somebody could answer two questions for me.

  How can I attach a directory (preferably compressed) and,
  recursively, its contents to a message?

  How could I have answered this question for myself?  Neither "man
  mhbuild" nor 'cat /etc/nmh/mhn.defaults' helped.

mhbuild(1) had the clues.  I'd guess at something like

    #application/octet-stream; type=tar; conversions=compress; \
        name="norm.tar.Z" | tar cf - norm | compress

Cheers,

Ralph.