Re: nmh list archives (was Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple usage)

2004-07-28 13:30:05
For those not familiar, GMane, <http://www.gmane.org/> provides
archiving service for mailing lists, providing a web or news interface
to them.  A problem with GMane is that address objsucation is not
done in the NNTP interface, therefore, if there are concerns about
address harvesting, GMane may not work.

I don't have a huge problem if it's a private news server; I get the sense
that address harvesting takes place off of web pages and general Usenet.
What do other people think?

Alternatively, I could look to see if I can create an archive
at www.mhonarc.org.  The GNU folks are using the same software
for their list archives, but I'm not sure if they will entertain
importing old mail data into their archives.  Importation is
easy, but they may not have procedures in place to honor such
requests.

Well, I'd be willing to give it a try.