[Nmh-workers] Why is 1.2-RC1 checking for libtool?

2005-12-04 15:46:55
Most (all?) packages I know that have a use for libtool include it, for
one thing. Quite apart from that however, the only place libtool appears
to be "used" in 1.2-RC1 is to build library archives libmts.a and libnmh.a.
Since these are static anyway, and AFAICT particular to nmh, I see no
advantage in making them libraries rather than leaving the separate object
files to link against.

What have I missed?

Cheers,

        - Joel