[Nmh-workers] Re: Why aren't "papers" in nmh distribution?

2006-01-30 00:10:48
Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

Joel Reicher wrote:
Does anyone know why the contents of papers/ from mh-6.8.4 aren't in
the nmh distribution?

I wouldn't know but their content is sufficiently old that they don't
have much value other than historic interest. Jerry's book is more
useful as a tutorial and reference. It's perhaps worth fixing them to
compile and putting PDFs on the website but I'd have thought it was
better to avoid having anything in the nmh distribution that we aren't
prepared to maintain and update. If anything. it'd be good if we could
remove more dead stuff from the distribution. vmh for example.

For what it's worth, I am moving MH from UCI where it has a tenuous
existence to SourceForge where it will eventually appear at
http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/ (one can't have two letter project
names!). I can make the documents available there, outside of the
6.8.4 release, if folks wish.

I have to finish the MH-E 8.0 release and manual update first though.