[Nmh-workers] Should attachment header handling be in send?

2006-01-30 12:09:17
Sorry if I'm about to rehash an old argument, but I'm only just now
coming to grips with Jon's 2002 attachment handling mods. I wasn't
even aware of them before.

Anyway, I'm worried that it is "send" handling the attachment
headers. There are reasons other than attaching files for building a
MIME message, and mhbuild could be called before send. As far as I can
see, the attachment handling mods fail in this situation.

Wouldn't it make more sense if mhbuild was given the job of preprocessing
its own composition drafts if they contain attachment headers? I can't
see the downside to that, and it would fit the new attachment handling
into the existing MIME composition workflow more correctly, I think.

Cheers,

        - Joel