Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild Content-Disposition header

2006-02-01 21:59:56
Lyndon writes:

On Feb 1, 2006, at 7:22 PM, David Levine wrote:

The "almost" part is that mhbuild currently creates
Content-Description instead of Content-Disposition.  I
hijacked the Content-Description information and used it to
form the Content-Disposition header (with or without
-attach).  (Is that a good idea?  Or, should
Content-Description be maintained, and new code and data
fields added to support Content-Disposition?  I have no need
for Content-Description.)

No, it's not a good idea ;-)

Just yesterday I had to construct some messages using both -
description and -disposition.  We need to figure out a syntax
extension that will support generating both headers.

I was afraid of that.

How about using {} to encapsulate the -disposition parameters:

  directive ::= "#" type "/" subtype
                    0*(";" attribute "=" value)
                    [ "(" comment ")" ]
                    [ "{" disposition-type 0*(";" attribute "=" value) "}" ]
                    [ "[" description "]" ]
                    [ filename ]
                    EOL

E.g.,

  #application/pdf <>{attachment; filename="foo.pdf"}[Adobe PDF v1.3] foo.pdf

This is no longer very easy to implement :-/

David