Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild Content-Disposition header

2006-02-02 10:38:55
David Levine wrote:
I want:

  #text/plain <>[attachment; filename="foo.txt"] /tmp/foo.txt
  #application/pdf <>[attachment; filename="foo.pdf"] /tmp/foo.pdf

I don't see why you can't take something like the following:
#text/plain; name="foo.txt"; <>[description] /tmp/foo.txt And pull the
name= part out and use it for the filename in Content-Disposition.
That'd add backward compatibility with old scripts that generate mhbuild
directives automatically.

And having to write out "attachment" in full is too verbose. I would
make "attachment" the default and use a single character, `-' perhaps,
to indicate "inline".

The "almost" part is that mhbuild currently creates
Content-Description instead of Content-Disposition.  I
hijacked the Content-Description information and used it to
form the Content-Disposition header (with or without
-attach).  (Is that a good idea?  Or, should
Content-Description be maintained, and new code and data
fields added to support Content-Disposition?  I have no need
for Content-Description.)

Content-Description should be maintained. I would prefer if attach left
it empty by default. It's supposed to describe the content and not
describe the type of the content type that's a different matter.

Oliver