[Nmh-workers] nmh homepage(s), and latest version?

2006-03-27 22:29:45
i know we've talked a lot about web pages and release
announcements in the past, but i just went to pick up the latest
source, from the first link google handed me, and the first page
i came to:
    http://www.nongnu.org/nmh/
proudly announces version 1.2 in the first paragraph, with a link
to savannah.  and then, in the fourth paragraph, it tells me that
the latest version is 1.04 (with a link to a defunct ftp server).
and none of the lists-of-links toward the bottom of that page
point at savannah.  (and that's actually where i looked first, at
the list-of-links, for a "Downloads" link of some sort.  from
there i scanned upward, which is how i actually came upon the
1.04 link before the 1.2 link.)

so, i follow the link in the first paragraph to savannah, and in
the news column at the project page i see several 1.1 release
candidate announcements.  wasn't i looking for 1.2?

in the "Filelist (Download area)" i do indeed find a 1.2 tarball.

would it be possible to clean up any of this old/misinformation?

of course, given that the entire world's population of mh users
is probably on this list and already knew about 1.2, maybe none of
it matters...  :-)

paul