Re: [Nmh-workers] Refactoring the nmh source

2006-04-11 02:16:15
Joel Reicher wrote:
I'd like to start refactoring the code. I've had a look around, and much
of it is a little messy.

I have three questions for the list. Firstly, are there any objections to
the basic idea of doing this?

It sounds like a good idea to me.

Lastly, what's the policy with commits and ChangeLog? I'd prefer to do
frequent and small commits, but that may annoy some people. I also wouldn't
put most of what I'm planning to do into the ChangeLog.

I agree with small commits, but am less sure about the ChangeLog. At the
moment ChangeLog seems to be a record of just about everything that's done
to the code, large or small, so I think refactorings ought to get mentioned.
(It seems to mostly duplicate CVS log comments, which makes me wonder if
it shouldn't be autogenerated.) Perhaps we should have a different document
that only describes the changes significant to users -- bugs fixed, new
functionality added, etc ?

-- PMM