[Nmh-workers] Bad -cc switch handling logic

2006-12-05 12:05:19
Hello,

The documentation states that, like many other switches, -cc and -nocc are
order specific. I'd like to put forth that this idea, like the "we know best
and will sort the message numbers you supplied before display" is flawed from
a user's point of view. Specifically with respect to -nocc, the preemption of
this switch by a subsequent -cc means there is no way to automate the effect
of: -cc all -nocc me by including -nocc me in .mh_profile; a pretty reasonable
expectation repl: -noccme with a repl -cc all on the command is invoked as
repl -nocc me -cc all which has been decided to mean something else; despite
the fact that it is otherwise non-sensical to include any -nocc preceding a
-cc all.
--
Free map of local environmental resources: http://CambridgeMA.GreenMap.org