[Nmh-workers] sortm problems

2006-12-05 12:26:00
Hello,

I'm using nmh 1, and am not readily able to upgrade and verify that these
problems exist in 1.2, although there is no mention of fixes in the ChangeLog.
I have a feature request and a bug report regarding sortm. The feature request
is simple enough, the sortm man page rather implies that it can sort messages
generically i.e; not merely by date. This would be a rather useful thing to do.

The bug I have often encountered with sortm, is that it very clearly does the
wrong thing when it cannot determine the date of a message. scan will show the
date of an unmarked message as the date of the file. sortm, on the other hand,
will sometimes sort such messages to the end of the box, *and change their
timestamp*! I encounter this because I keep sent messages for a given topic in
the same folder as messages received from the network. Obviously messages I
have sent lack a full complement of headers. sortm should preserve the
timestamp, and sort upon it as scan would display it. In addition, it might
behoove send to ensure that all sent drafts receive a proper Date: header.
--
Free map of local environmental resources: http://CambridgeMA.GreenMap.org