[Nmh-workers] Meaning of "+." or "+.."

2007-02-27 01:00:13
I've looked at the code now and it's quite clear that the meaning of
a folderspec beginning with either dot or double dot is relative to
the current working directory, not the Path: profile entry.

Does anyone know why or have thoughts on whether these semantics should
be kept? It seems very deliberate.

I can understand the thinking; "+/..." specifies an absolute path by
treating the leading '/' as a special case, so dot and double dot
are regarded similarly as special cases.

There's a fair bit to consider here, including implications for "+" on
its own as a folder spec. So far I'm inclined towards changing the meaning
of "+." and "+..", but I don't use these features and would prefer to hear
from people who do.

Cheers,

        - Joel