Re: [Nmh-workers] Lock gone mad

2007-04-06 10:45:57
Tell your vendor to rebuild the package with fcntl locking.  nmh uses dot
locking by default, which is pretty brain dead.  Here is the option they
should give configure:

--with-locking=fcntl

So the question becomes, is there a reason we shouldn't fix configure to
use fcntl locking by default, and only fall back to dot locking if fcntl
locking isn't available?

It does boggle the mind why /dev/null is being locked _at all_.  I did
try to track this down once, and it was a maze of functions ... I was
running low on time and I just switched to fcntl locking, but seriously
this probably should be fixed.