Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh question

2007-08-14 13:35:18
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:32:23 EDT, "Stewart W. Wilson" said:

I LOVE nmh, have been using it for years.  Now I'm moving to a 64 bit
Core 2 system under Fedora Core 7.  Will nmh, or the latest version,
work okay?

Works fine for me.

Incidentally, you *can* install a 64-bit system and still use 32-bit programs.
Most of the usual shared libs have both 32/64 bit flavors installed by default,
and the kernel will run 32-bit programs for you.

But I just did a 'make clean; make; su -c make install' in the source tree
and it was happy in 64-bit mode.  Major 32-bit binary left on my box is
Firefox (the nightly testing builds don't come in 64-bit).