[Nmh-workers] utf-8 subject lines?

2008-04-06 09:50:50
my, what a flurry of traffic.  just when i think i'm the only person
left still using mh.  :-)

sometimes i get mail with subject lines like this:
    Subject:
=?utf-8?B?Q1JPTkQsIFNFTkRNQUlMOiBtYWtlIHRoZW0gd29yayB0b2dldGhlcg==?=

of course, i can't read it.

is this a config problem?  for me?  for the sender?

is it a bug?  in mh?  in the sender's mail client?

just for completeness, in the case of the message with the above
subject, the content was also encoded:

but mh handled that okay.  (but i sure hate it, since my reply
scripts and forms _don't_ handle it, and i have to pull the
output of "show" into my outgoing buffer, and edit it, in order
to reply sensibly.  but that's a different problem.)

is there anything i can do to make encoded subject lines visible?
i seem to be running nmh-1.2.  if this is fixed in CVS, then i'm
all for us putting out a 1.3.  i even volunteer to update the
savannah frontpage again.  :-)

paul