Re: [Nmh-workers] utf-8 subject lines?

2008-04-06 10:17:09
peter wrote:

It's an RFC-2047-encoded header. nmh in CVS seems to cope with that
header fine.

great -- thanks.

just for completeness, in the case of the message with the above
subject, the content was also encoded:

but mh handled that okay.  (but i sure hate it, since my reply
scripts and forms _don't_ handle it, and i have to pull the
output of "show" into my outgoing buffer, and edit it, in order
to reply sensibly.  but that's a different problem.)

Yes. I think that better handling of MIME, especially in replies,
is really the most important issue at the moment.

i confess that i've wrapped replying up in a couple of layers of
scripts in order to make things like replying to html mail work
okay, so i'm never sure whether it's my fault when i see broken
behavior in this area.

paul