Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld() patch

2008-04-08 08:11:58

josh(_at_)bress(_dot_)net said:
See the test directory in the nmh CVS.  I put that together quite some time
ago, and I've gotten no feedback.  It would be nice if someone else could
give it a whirl to ensure the README is correct and it's not too confusing.

Read the README...

How is this expected to be expanded? I'd expect new cases to want to bring
crafted messages...

This is something that does need work I agree.  I was thinking that the
best way is probably for each test to also carry an mbox file with it, that
gets inc'd.  The current framework is meant to be a start, sadly it's just
not gone anywhere in a long time.

Doing the separate compile in the setup-test is not a great idea, imho. It'd
like to test what I just compiled, with the ./configure options I intend on
using in the target environment. I guess --prefix=$TEMPDIR is the reason, but
it really breaks the idea... (not sure about gentoo's test target, but it
_seems_ it wants to test the compiled-for-target version)

Yes, this is an issue, I agree.  I'm not sure how to best solve this
problem.  I'm open to ideas here.

Thanks for taking a look.

--
    JB