Re: [Nmh-workers] Maildir support for inc

2008-06-02 10:08:17
David Malone wrote:
Given that 1.3 has just been released, would anyone be interested
in incorporating Maildir support for inc? We've been using the patch
that I posted here:

      http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2004-08/msg00002.html

for almost 4 years without any problems. I see that there is an
open feature request for it:

      http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?15294

If someone is interested in committing it, I can try and forward
port the patch to 1.3.

Yes, I was thinking about that as a feature for 1.4 (since I now use nmh
on a system which uses Maildir :-)).

I was a bit concerned about the suggestions in that thread that the patch
wasn't really following the Maildir protocol properly, though.

There's also an argument that -notruncate on a Maildir ought to mean "put
messages in new into the MH folder and then move them to the Maildir cur
directory".

Also, I think that main() function is pretty unwieldy already, and adding
yet another thing to increment from makes it even worse. Some refactoring
there would be nice at some point...

-- PMM