[Nmh-workers] Re: repl*comps and and non-ascii characters

2008-08-04 22:04:01
Peter Maydell <pmaydell(_at_)chiark(_dot_)greenend(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk> writes:

Eric Gillespie wrote:
Peter Maydell writes:
Eric Gillespie wrote:
+  * etc/replcomps, etc/replgroupcomps: Decode header fields for the
+  reply's header.

If you do this then what causes them to get reencoded before sending?

The same thing that encodes them when you compose a new message
with such characters?  I use mh-e; maybe mhbuild handles it for
plain nmh users?

As far as I am aware nothing currently does that encoding, which was
my point. (I guess mh-e has done some kind of workaround -- we should
probably find out what exactly it does so we don't break it when we
add proper support in nmh proper.)

I was just skimming this thread until I hit MH-E :-). Since Eric is
using MH-E and seems to have a bleeding edge nmh, I'll trust him to
pick up any problems in MH-E due to changes he makes.

I thought nmh already handled RFC 2047 decoding in the Subject and
recipient fields, no? If you think MH-E is doing some decoding, please
send me a sample message that demonstrates what nmh doesn't handle
that MH-E does and I'll check the code.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG
ID:610BD9AD