Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: repl*comps and and non-ascii characters

2008-08-05 10:39:36
Eric Gillespie wrote:
Bill Wohler writes:
I thought nmh already handled RFC 2047 decoding in the Subject and
recipient fields, no? If you think MH-E is doing some decoding, please
send me a sample message that demonstrates what nmh doesn't handle
that MH-E does and I'll check the code.

It can decode, but doesn't by default because it apparently has
no way to *encode*.  I let MH-E handle that, so am perfectly
happy adding the decode calls to my repl*comps files.

I would be interested to know what algorithm MH-E uses to select
the character set to encode into when sending mail.

(Amusingly, the top screenshot of http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/screenshots/
is of an email with a mangled subject line due to charset issues :-))

-- PMM