[Nmh-workers] Re: enhancement to mhfinddup

2008-09-16 00:12:59
bergman(_at_)panix(_dot_)com wrote:

I started to use Bill Wohler's mhfinddup script[1] to delete the
duplicates

Awesome :-).

          , then my caution took hold...in addition to using the
Message-Id (which "should" be "unique", but since it may be
client-generate, which could have collisions), I decided to add
another test for duplicates to mhfinddup. Using formail(1) and perl's
Digest:MD5 module, the script now tests for a duplicated checksum in
the body of the message if the Message-Id's are the same. The decision
to test only the message body is to ensure that messages which only
vary by date stamps in the headers are treated as duplicates.

Below you can find the diff (suitable for feeding to patch(1)) against
mhfinddup 1.2.

Thanks very much for the patch. I'll play with it when I have some time!

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG
ID:610BD9AD