Re: [Nmh-workers] set from

2010-02-19 07:03:59
yoshi wrote:
I have a virtusertable and prefer to send mail from a mail alias. How can
I change the From: header? In mutt I use something like:

set from = 'virtuser(_at_)host'
my_hdr From: Full Name <virtuser(_at_)host>

Sorry for that trivial question, but I found no answer so far.

mh doesn't have a trivial answer for this.

you can either:
    - add your new From: header manually, when you
        edit your draft (perhaps you can define an editor
        macro to help with this), but this will become tiring.
    - write a script, which you invoke via the .mh_profile:

        Editor: my-mh-edit
        my-mh-edit-next: vi

      the my-mh-edit script should massage the draft file,
      whose name it gets in $DRAFT, add the From: line, and
      then it should invoke your favorite editor.  the
      second line (my-mh-edit-next) keeps your script from
      running twice if you use 'e' from the whatnow? prompt.

i'd include a copy of my script, except that it's far to ugly
and complex for what you want, because it does different things
based on what folder i'm in when i compose the message, can add
Reply-to:, From:, Fcc: headers, etc.   i'm pretty sure there's
a simpler version floating around, perhaps one of jerry peek's
scripts.

paul