Re: [Nmh-workers] set from

2010-02-19 14:47:50
Paul wrote:

yoshi wrote:
 > I have a virtusertable and prefer to send mail from a mail alias. How can
 > I change the From: header? In mutt I use something like:
 >
 > set from = 'virtuser(_at_)host'
 > my_hdr From: Full Name <virtuser(_at_)host>
 >
 > Sorry for that trivial question, but I found no answer so far.

mh doesn't have a trivial answer for this.

you can either:
    - add your new From: header manually, when you
      edit your draft (perhaps you can define an editor
      macro to help with this), but this will become tiring.

A related approach uses shell aliases and the -form option:

1) Copy nmh/components to, e.g., components_a in my nmh directory
   and add the From: header to it.
2) Create a shell alias, e.g., alias compa='comp -form components_a'.

And similarly for forw and repl.  So it adds some pollution to
my .bashrc but it's easy to set up.

masquerade includes draft_from in nmh 1.3.  If using an older
version, you'll have to add it to your nmh/mts.conf.

David