[Nmh-workers] MIME questions, and followup to my earlier email

2010-11-12 21:48:29
I'm starting to look at writing new code to handle reading MIME messages
as per the earlier discussion.  My plan is to write a completely new
version of scan for people to play with, and to replace the original only
when consensus is reached on behavior.

I haven't paid attention to mail standards in a long time.  Is RFC 2231
a happening thing?  Do we need to go through the trouble of supporting it?

On my earlier email, I guess that I'm unhappy that meillo is making changes
that break things, even if those are minor things.  Comments on my proposed
MIME-reading changes indicated that they should be optional for compatibility
reasons.  I took that approach when I implemented the MIME-sending changes.
I think that we should only break existing code for clear and compelling
technical reasons.

Jon