Re: [Nmh-workers] Git redux

2010-11-23 21:14:40

On Nov 23, 2010, at 6:58 PM, Paul Fox wrote:
but what's still missing, for me, if not for ken, is:  why
should savannah-based mh have to let canonical's bug tracker
know when we retire cvs?

Launchpad mirrors a bunch of open-source projects into their own
VCS/bug-tracker/etc system.  Right now they're probably mirroring
from our CVS repo.  If we switch to using git instead, we should let
them know so they don't continue to update from the old repo.   In
other words, it's ``just demonstrating good manners''.

You might think that they'd notice, but nmh development is slow, and
people didn't notice when Emacs moved from CVS to bazaar a while
back.

*Chad