[Nmh-workers] Will be offline soon

2010-12-14 08:46:58
Hoi,

it's time to say goodbye. I will leave on Friday for three more month
traveling. Now through Patagonia. :-) I will enjoy being far away from
technology, at the end of the world. Hence you will hardly hear from
me before April.

My work on nmh in the last months had been some kind of internship. I
had to do this for university in order to be able to travel around. It
was great to find Michael Richardson to act as sponsor; he made
everything possible. Michael, thank you very much!

Working on nmh -- a Free Software project that I like -- had been a
wonderful opportunity. The actual goal had been fixing the decoding of
quoted text in replies. This I had not been able to achieve. As you
read the list, you know the reasons. Nonetheless, I feel that my work
improved nmh here and there, which is just as good. For myself, I'm
content with what I achieved, especially because I learned so much
about nmh and its code lost the strangeness and obscurity. That means,
I'm ready for further development. :-)

I'm also very pleased to see that my activity made you active too. The
matter is not who does the work but that nmh gets better.

I like to thank you all for the good time I had with you. It had been
rough sometimes, but in the end it tought me a lot.

Keep staying active and wait for me to return in April.

meillo

P.S.
I'll post some ``open ends'' to the list shortly.