Re: [Nmh-workers] Finished with Draft is not rmmproc'd.

2011-03-15 10:35:32
ralph wrote:

Hi,

It seems uip/sendsbr.c:sendsbr() just renames the draft to have the
BACKUP_PREFIX at the start of it.

    /* rename the original draft */
    if (rename_drft && status == OK &&
        rename (original_draft, strncpy (buffer,
        m_backup (original_draft), sizeof(buffer))) == NOTOK)
        advise (buffer, "unable to rename %s to", drft);

I've an rmmproc that effectively does

    mv $f ,$f,`date +%s.%N`

as it means I can undelete any email, or grep deleted emails, including
all emails that have ever been 42.  I purge these prior to backups.

I've just tried to get back mail/drafts/42 but another 42 has occurred
in the meantime and that's now ,42.  It would seem more consistent if
rmmproc was used here too.

well, that explains why i've always had ,NN files in my drafts folder,
even though i have my own rmmproc which refiles messages.  thank you.
i've never cared much, because i've never wanted an old draft -- i
usually have the text in my outbox folder, but i can see how that
might not always be the case.

rather than reusing rmmproc, i would suggest creating a new
"rmdraftproc", or somesuch.  it would certainly change my workflow
in a surprising way if my deleted drafts started ending up in my
deleted mail folder(s).

paul