Re: [Nmh-workers] Installing nmh on Mac X

2011-05-21 12:36:26
You should be able to download the latest sources from git and simply compile
things normally (I use nmh on a Mac nearly every day).

I don't know from "git", or where I can get the latest sources.

It's "git" as in "you stupid ... :-).  But seriously, it's the revision
control system we switched to from CVS (there was a big brohaha about it
we did it).

You know about the savannah site where nmh is hosted, right?  Well, that
has some information on how to get it, but here's the abbreviated steps:

1) Install git.  It's available via MacPorts, but if that's too much I would
   suggest Googling around; you should find some help there.  If you're not
   familiar with MacPorts, you can of course Google it :-)  (I suspect it's
   available via fink as well).

2) Run the following command:

   git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/nmh.git

3) In your new "nmh" directory, run ./autogen.sh, and then configure/make/
   make install.