Re: [Nmh-workers] Installing nmh on RedHat 6

2011-12-11 05:18:50
I'd be up for doing this, but with one huge caveat: only if we throw
out all of the current Makefiles and use Automake instead.  Given Automake's
current support for subdirectories, we could ditch the use of recursive
make, which in my mind is a pretty big win.

[ Sorry to be late to the party -- I'm on the road right now and waay behind on
email.]

I don't understand how the two are even related.  The spec file is built to
reference the files from the build tree.  So you run make to generate the
executables, then you run 'make rpm' to invoke rpm to package those binaries up
(along with all the other necessary non-executable goodies).

I've had to build native packages for many different flavours of UNIX over the
years, and never once have I had to take measures like this.

--lyndon