Re: [Nmh-workers] #ifdef UCI

2012-01-05 12:35:44
uip/send.c and uip/whatnowsbr.c:  auto-append .signature file when sending
This is probably Bad and Wrong, because if you're sending a MIME
message (like this one), the appended text will end up outside the
MIME boundaries and thus not displayed by the recipient MUA.  Should
be heaved over the side.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

whatnowsbr.c and big chunk of send.c look identical, probably should
be abstracted into a libnmh.so.  Just sayin'.

Yeah, I heard it already from Paul Vixie :-)

rmf.c: We loop across a directory, and try to unlink messages one
at a time.  The code skips over files that start with BACKUP_PREFIX,
a ",", or (if MHE is defined a "+").  For UCI, we add "_" and "#" to the
list.  Does current mh-e use + as the deleted flag?

I don't know; I just got rid of that code, since Jeff Honig said that
modern mh-e doesn't need it.

That code needs to be looked at - basically BACKUP_PREFIX
is defaulted to "," anyhow.  The question is if nmh was configured with
some other value, should it continue to skip over ",nnnn" files anyhow?

I think that's orthogonal to keeping that particular bit of UCI code...

anno.c: if invoked as 'fanno', it forces -nodate as a parameter.  Not sure
why anno vs fanno mattes here? Anybody know the logic/history here?

Got me.

conflict.c: Turns on some "group leader" code I don't pretend to understand
at first reading.

Yeah, and I question how relevant conflict is to modern mail setups, anyway.
Sounds to me like it's all safe to remove.