[Nmh-workers] par

2012-01-26 21:53:10
Joel wrote:

I'd be happy to have par as part of nmh, especially since there's no
Fedora package for par right now. (Or, alternatively, I'd be happy for
someone to package par for Fedora.)

The par build hints contain a link to a spec file by Volker
Kuhlmann.  It works very nicely on Fedora.  There's also a
patch to add support for multibyte charsets.

The attached script downloads all that and builds an RPM.
Takes just seconds.

The par codebase hasn't evolved since 2001, not a typo!  The
multibyte char patch has been living by itself since Oct 2006.
If we decide to rely on it by default, I'll try to contact
the author to see if we can make this a little easier.

David