Re: [Nmh-workers] I need help configuring nmh 1.4

2012-02-17 10:38:20
norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org wrote:

I'm very sorry. I was unclear. As far as I know, the problem probably has
little
to do with the upgrade. I recently installed Linux on the computer in question
(It previously ran Microsoft Windows), so I installed the latest version, 1.4,
of nmh on it. I have had similar problems with nmh 1.2 and nmh 1,3. I haven't
been able to send purely local mail -- mail which never leaves my computer.

Just a thought but are you sure you've been consistent in terms of whether
you're building with smtp or sendmail as the default mts. Using sendmail
is perhaps more likely to work for purely local mail.

Has the default of the --with-mts= configure option changed at all
recently. I was suprised to have to specify --with-mts=sendmail when I
recently rebuilt the Nmh that I use daily.

Oliver