Re: [Nmh-workers] NMH long lines

2012-02-20 07:15:14
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:02:51 GMT,
mark(_dot_)wake(_at_)hmrc(_dot_)gsi(_dot_)gov(_dot_)uk writes:
I see this has been covered in some detail but I really need to know if
there's an override for the 998 character line limit when building a
message for sending?

the 998 byte line length limitation is part of the smtp mail format,
as per rfc822/2822/rfc5322, section 2.1.1, and thus pretty much set
in concrete.

mime helps one to work around that with the q-p encoding and
'fake' line breaks.

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GnuPG Keys 0x42BD645D or 0x5B586291 + http://snafu.priv.at/
Every bit is sacred, Every bit is right.