Re: [Nmh-workers] forw -digest ?

2012-02-26 21:48:52
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

When looking over forw today, I came across the code that handles digests
(which I guess is the companion code to "burst").  So, I was wondering ...
do people use this?  I'm not really suggesting it be removed, I'm just
trying to understand the use cases.

Wow, I remember using this command a lot back in the day when it was
real handy to string together a thread of messages in a digest for my
own consumption or to pass along to a friend. Mail and news readers were
a lot more digest-friendly in the Golden Days of Usenet.

I'd be hard-pressed to remember the last time I used it, or to
articulate a use case. Still, it would be good to keep, as you say.

On a related note, I use burst on forwarded messages a lot to either
promote the forwarded message to the scan line, or to reply to a