Re: [Nmh-workers] temporary files

2012-03-16 10:48:49

On 2012-03-16, at 8:28 AM, David Levine wrote:

If we prefer to default to the current behavior (@ enabled)
but deprecate that default, OK by me.

How about we add the switches in 1.5 but leave it on and mark the feature as
obsolete in the release notes. In 1.6, disable it by default. And then when 2.0
comes along, rip the code out if nobody has howled by then. (The release notes
should lay out this timeline as well.)

If there's anything else we're firmly convinced needs ripping out, we should
follow the same path. There are many MH users who aren't on the mailing list,
so we really need to let this stuff soak in the field for a long time before
ripping out the actual code, to give everyone a chance to speak up if the
changes will hit them hard.

--lyndon