Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5 release and better repl/MIME handling

2012-04-02 09:40:46
Well, if I run the replied message through mhn it automagically
figures out that the charset is UTF-8 and encodes everything with
quoted-printable (I assume it's getting the correct charset through my
locale).  So maybe all I need to do is make sure my script converts
all of the text it gets into the locale character set?

The current locale? Unless the locale is a Unicode one, don’t you risk
mangling characters that aren’t in the locale’s charset?

Yeah, probably.  But I'm not sure what the "right" solution should be
for that case.  I suppose I could insert mhbuild directives labelling the
text as having a particular character set, but I don't see how to tell
the editor that I'm using a different character set.  There's a reason
I was suggesting putting this script in contrib, after all 😼.