[Nmh-workers] MACHINES: notes about BSD builds

2012-04-27 17:03:17
The MACHINES file states:

Known Compilation problems:
--------------------------------------
FreeBSD:
OpenBSD:
NetBSD:

Some BSD4.4 machines have problems when running nmh's configure script.
They will be unable to find the location of vi and sendmail.  This is
due to POSIX features (breakage?) in the shell sh.  The solution is to
run the configure script under the shell `bash':

    % bash configure

The text dates to 1999, and I have never seen this behaviour when building on
FreeBSD (going back to 2001, and possibly earlier).  Is anyone building on
OpenBSD or NetBSD?  If so, please speak up with a yes or no about the validity
of this warning.  I suspect the problem is long dead and the text can be
deleted.