Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking In Scripts and nmh Locking

2012-04-29 21:34:06
Yes, I do. I it to lock EVERYTHING. Maybe you want to get fancy and give mhlock
options for partial locking capabilities, but there ought to be a way to lock
EVERYTHING. Indeed I would vote for EVERYTHING to be the default. I want to
write scripts and be oblivious as possible to locking issues.

Hrm.  So, let me see if I understand.

You want a program to lock everything so you can mess around with nmh
internals with non-nmh programs.  Okay, I can understand that.

But then you say (in another message) that you want nmh programs
to not deadlock under our hypothetical nmhlock program ... so you
want to run nmh programs under nmhlock?  Or you want the option to
handle both nmh and non-nmh programs under nmhlock?  I am just
trying to understand what you want.

However ... I think this might be beyond what I'm personally willing to
implement.  Of course anyone else is free to write nmhlock (or whatever
you want to call it).