Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking In Scripts and nmh Locking

2012-04-29 21:44:45

On 2012-04-29, at 7:33 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

But then you say (in another message) that you want nmh programs
to not deadlock under our hypothetical nmhlock program ... so you
want to run nmh programs under nmhlock?  Or you want the option to
handle both nmh and non-nmh programs under nmhlock?  I am just
trying to understand what you want.

There is no transaction locking under (n)mh, just like there is no transaction
locking under general UNIX shell commands.

MH lets us play, and it lets us break things. C'est la vie.

--lyndon