Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts on 1.5 release candidates

2012-05-09 21:25:12
ken wrote:
Greetings all,

I think this time around we've gotten some more traction on this release;
we've even got people upgrading from 1.0 (!) and on what sounds to be
rather ancient hardware.  As always, it turns out Paul Vixie was right ...
a longer release cycle this time is definitely a good thing.

So, I'm wondering ... what do people think so far of 1.5-RC2?  Have you
tried it?  If so, are you happy with it?  If you haven't ... how come?
No judgement here, I'm trying to figure out what would make it easier
for you to try it out.

Any other comments, good or bad, are welcome.

so far so good.

one nit:  when configured with sendmail rather than smtp (i used
the docs/contrib/build_nmh script to do this, so i can't quote what
that did under the covers), the "make check" step fails.  all of
(well, most of ) the test-post-* scripts fail because they set up
a local fakesmtp program using -server 127.0.0.1 and -port BIGNUM,
and presumably send fails to connect to it due to the config.

paul