Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.5 doesn't work on 64-bit big-endian archs (+patch)

2012-06-14 07:25:29
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:15:29 -0400, Ken Hornstein writes:
i've run into another gotcha: the base64-decoder doesn't
work on 64-bit big-endian architectures: mhstore and co. write
files of the correct length but which consist only of \0s.

Just curious ... did the test suite catch this?  Because if it didn't, then
we should DEFINITELY have a test for it.

it did, but the info that it provided was not overly helpful - just some
mhlists and mhstore 'contents of expected and actual differ'
and indications of faulty content-md5 hashes. it took me most of a day
with printf and the source to figure out what was *really* going on...

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GnuPG Keys 0x42BD645D or 0x5B586291 + http://snafu.priv.at/
"Alas I've yet to find a gig which offers "control of Orbital Anvil