[Nmh-workers] deprecate conflict(8)?

2012-06-24 15:05:28
Would anyone mind if we deprecated conflict(8)?  Its man page
says:

   Conflict is a program that checks to see if the interface
   between nmh and the transport system is in good shape

That just means that it reads mts.conf.  My default
server needs sasl and it doesn't check that, so "good
shape" doesn't mean much to me.

It goes on (/var/mail is configured):

   Conflict also checks for maildrops in /var/mail which do not
   belong to a valid user.  It assumes that no user name will
   start with `.', and thus ignores files in /var/mail which
   begin with `.'.  It also checks for entries in the group(5)
   file which do not belong to a valid user, and for users who
   do not have a valid group number.  In addition duplicate
   users and groups are noted.

I don't see why nmh should care about any of that.

David