Re: [Nmh-workers] merge spost into post

2012-07-08 08:52:19
az wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 18:12:20 -0500, David Levine writes:

We'd need a new mts value, in addition to the current "smtp"
and "sendmail", in mts.conf to select it.

why not reuse "sendmail" with a profile/cmdline option
for post to select the pipe mode instead of batched smtp?

Well, post doesn't read the profile.  If we used a command
line option, we'd have to feed it through send.  But I think
the biggest reason not to go this route is that we'd then
have an unsupported combination (network non-SMTP).  With
the third mts value, a user couldn't get there.

David