Re: [Nmh-workers] NMH Work-arounds for Exchange server mangling(OT???)

2012-08-29 10:00:11

On 29 August 2012 at 10:43, David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> wrote:

Kevin wrote:
I chose only the .sh extension.  Nmh picked the type and encoding.
The message was sent as:

Exchange left that alone.

I verified that Exchange doesn't mangle outgoing x-sh
attachments.  But it (V6.5) does mangle them when they're
incoming.  How odd.

I don't have any trouble with outgoing messages being altered in
transit.  My troubles have always been with incoming messages
through Exchange.  Even that wasn't a problem until sometime
during the Spring of 2012, having worked fine with all the mail
systems I encountered for the prior ~20 years.

After going through the Exchange server I get email from there
with fetchmail, which passes the mail to slocal, which delivers
some messages right away and sends others through procmail, and
procmail filters messages through spamassassin.  What can I say,
that works for me.

Cheerio....

--
Kevin