[Nmh-workers] That Perl Issue with Defined is Back.

2012-09-07 09:33:57
I am using mha-mhedit and have dealt with this problem before
but it was some time ago and I don't remember what I needed to
do to fix it. In fact, I am not sure it really got fixed or if
it sort of disappeared after an upgrade or something.

"defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/local/lib/perl5"

        The strange thing is that there are two systems which
are both AMD64 and both use

perl 5, version 12, subversion 4 (v5.12.4) built for amd64-freebsd

        One is a brand new virtual machine and the other is a
slightly older virtual machine by about 8 months so the age
isn't that significant. The slightly older system does not blow
up when it runs mha-mhedit but this new one spews that warning
continuously, well, enough times that one is soon sick of it
plus the quoted text is lost.

        I really want to get it working but I am also curious as
to what could possibly be different that would make the older
instance of mha-mhedit run properly and this new one spew?

        They are both running FreeBSD9.0 and
both .mh_profile files contain the line

repl: -editor mha-mhedit

        Both mha-mhedit perl scripts are exact copies of one
another and both show the same creation date.

Thanks for any help. It obviously can work but something about
this new installation is triggering the warnings .

        I did check the slightly older system for any other
perls that might have gotten stuck in to the execution path, but
there are only links to perl5.12.4.

        Any ideas are welcome as this puts a screeching halt to
being able to reply to anything where a quote is involved.